Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's a big, bad world out there

Actual reports from the Police blotter of our local newspaper:

Burglary: Victims, their numbers and genders a police mystery, reported their residence burglarized of items not disclosed, resulting in some amount of loss, equally unknown.

Theft: Two dudes, one white, the other black, stole a plasma television from Walmart. They left in a red van but were not located.

Well at least they knew the gender that time.

--

Right now I am standing with my laptop at the kitchen counter, hoping the pork roast I have in the oven doesn’t dry out. The cookbook suggested serving it with hot applesauce, which reminds me of Sunday dinner at Grove City.

Update on grad school: On Monday Oxford Brookes University emailed me to schedule (the British pronounce it “shhedule”) a phone interview. That proved slightly difficult, since out here on the west coast we are 8 hours behind the UK.

I am almost hoping that a) I will not be accepted, or b) it will be way too expensive to go.

Ugh. Someone pinch me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, stop talking about food! What you're cooking sounds so much better than my college menu for tonight (cheese tortillas or bagel, oh the delicious choices!) lol. I hope your pork is very juicy :)

    Don't worry about Oxford! Trust God, my friend :) He knows what your plans are

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was the roast? Sounds good... and I love hot apple sauce! Even at Grove City (a miracle). Tonight I ate a turkey burger (gag!) and some vegetables and pita bread.

    I'll be praying about Oxford. It may mean making a hard decision for you, but it will be worth it no matter what.

    ReplyDelete