Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lame

You'd think a person interested in publishing would actually devote time to something important, like, keeping up a regular blog. But no.

All this England/Europe stuff is getting a tad overwhelming. I'll be submitting my visa application in the next few days--it'll be a relief when all that is over. I have to go downtown to get my "biometrics" taken--a laser scan of my fingers and face (not smiling!) as part of the UK's anti-terrorism methods.

I'm also trying to figure out where and when to visit in Europe. France, Italy, Switzerland, Ireland, and Scotland are on the must-see list. I'm not so sure about Germany, Spain, and eastern Europe though. My great-grandparents came from Romania, so maybe I'll try to dig up my ancestral hometown.

All this and I'm trying soak in these months at home. Oxford will be great, but I have to admit part of me dreads leaving.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! sounds like you will be really buisy through the summer. I cant wait to hear of all your adventures in the UK even if the posts are few and far between, You are very enjoyable to read when you do get to writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what happens after they know the microscopic details of your face? "I'm sorry mam, you may not enter the country, your left eyebrow is slightly bushier than your right and we simply cannot have that kind of nonsense upon our shores." Just wondering?

    ReplyDelete